The NDP Group, the top game-industry research firm released its list of the top 20 PC game titles for the month of February this past week. The month’s most popular title was World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, overtaking both The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II as expected.
Wrath of the Lich King, the second expansion for Blizzard Entertainment’s 12 million user strong massively multiplayer online role-playing game was just one of four games in the World of Warcraft series to claim a spot on the chart. World of Warcraft: Battle Chest claimed 4th, World of Warcraft claimed 7th and World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade claimed 10th.
The following are the top 20 PC games for the month of February. Rankings are calculated from the NPD Group’s survey of retailers and do not include online sales or digitally distributed content.
1. World Of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King – Blizzard
2. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe – Electronic Arts
3. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Relic/THQ
4. World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest – Blizzard
5. F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin – Monolith/Warner Bros. Interactive
6. Spore – Electronic Arts
7. World Of Warcraft – Blizzard
8. The Sims 2 Apartment Life – Electronic Arts
9. Fallout 3- Bethesda Softworks
10. World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade – Blizzard
11. Call Of Duty: World At War – Activision
12. Command & Conquer: Red alert 3 – Electronic Arts
13. Left 4 Dead – EA/Valve
14. The Sims 2 Deluxe – Electronic Arts
15. Civilization IV – Firaxis/2K Games
16. The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff – Electronic Arts
17. StarCraft Battle Chest – Blizzard
18. Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack – Electronic Arts
19. Diablo Battle Chest – Blizzard.
20. The Sims 2 Pets – Electronic Arts