The IMDB.com has 3,496 upcoming films listed for 2009. Taking in to account that about 70% of those will be pushed back, cancelled or buried away and never heard from again. From the remaining 30% I have picked what I believe to be the * Joke * TOP 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2009, why do i think its a joke, because i think that all of the movies below will either be canceled or going to be pushed back to 2010 , which is lame because i really wanna see the next X-Men
Rumored with very little information but also one of the most inevitable movies due to the success of the online game of the same name. If you thought there were alot of nerds in line for Lord of the Rings, just wait until you see the mob of priests and paladins standing outside your local theater on that day.
9. Jurassic Park IV: Extinction
Trying desperately to make a real comeback, Jurassic Park is at it again only this time reenlisting the help of former JP actress Laura Dern to give it some story cred as if that will help. I still think my idea of having a T-rex eat Jeff Goldblum, crap him out and have scientists clone a Goldblum army to battle velociraptors would completely revive the series.
8. Friday The 13th
Jason’s back, again…but for the first time. Hoping for the success (if you can call it that) of fellow horror remakes like Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a studio has decided to retell the story of Voorhees but it is unknown if it will still just be his mother wearing the famed hockey mask. Oops…should have said “spoiler alert”.
7. Pee-Wee’s Playhouse: The Movie
I’m not sure if there will ever be enough time passed for us all to forget the Pee-Wee Herman theater incident but Paul Rueben is dusting of the grey suit anyway. Personally, I’d rather see Ruebens portray his character from the movie Blow and call it Derek Foreal’s Playhouse.
6. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Optimus and Shia are back with another surefire blockbuster with giant transforming robots and smart-ass-ery abound. I was okay with the first one and as long as they stick to what worked it should succeed. While more Megan Fox couldn’t hurt, this will most likely just be another fun, Michael Bay Movie-Reel-Of-Explosions flick.
Who’s watching the Watchmen in 2009? Anyone who wants an adult comic book movie with some actual depth and fantastic storytelling. Fanboys will be going crazy and if done correctly it could turn into something so unique that others will try to imitate it, albeit poorly.
4. G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra
Part of me wants to jump for joy will excitement over seeing my favorite toys of the 80’s reenacting all those battles I had on the bedroom floor when I was a kid, the other part wants me to hunt down and kill whoever made the decision to change the appearance of every character I cared about. I understand that some characters might be a little behind the times as far as their appearance but if this movie is taking place in the future, they could have at least left in the lasers.
3. Greyskull: Masters of the Universe
Like most movies starring Dolph Lundgren, it’s for the best if we just forgot they ever happened. This is not the He-Man you remember but from the sounds of it, you won’t care. It’s been said that this will be Lord of the Rings meets The Matrix with some Batman Begins thrown in. An edgy, almost R-rated version of itself. No jokes, no campy characters and absolutley no Orko, just a bad-ass combination of sorcery and high-tech weapons and even more bad-ass warriors.
2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
After seeing a sneak peek at the trailer for this movie, I’m not entirely sure about it being an origin story. I happen to know a little about Wolverine and can’t see how the Blob, Emma Frost or Gambit fit into this part of the timeline. On the other hand…Gambit, Emma Frost, and Deadpool are in this movie so what the hell am I complaining about?! So honestly, I don’t care if it’s true to the comic as I have already read them and I am desperate for something new and something Marvel.
1. The A-Team
“In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn’t commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire… The A-Team.”
HELL YEAH. As long as they keep the casting under control and don’t go all Starsky and Hutch on this one it could be the movie I’ve been waiting years for. The only thing I don’t think I’ll be able to get past is someone other than Mr. T playing B.A. Baracus (especially if it’s Ice Cube who is rumored).