This review is from the mighty RLSLOG , Thanks for the great Reviews as always, its a good game, and i liked it
This game isn’t “low budget”, although it might seem like that at first glance because it has no 3D graphics.
This game was created with the intention of creating a strategy game that focuses alot more on gameplay and fun instead of graphics. Most reviews i’ve read were very positive about this game tbh… So no idea where you had to conclude from that this game is a “far cry” from the current top RTS games.
Group SKIDROW returns with another new low budget, unprotected game: SunAge is a real-time strategy which looks a bit like Dune in slightly more modern graphic interface – but it’s still far cry from today’s top strategies and it won’t probably entertain you for too long. There’s one positive feature though: small size.
SunAge is a PC realtime strategy game developed by Vertex4, where the player can experience immersive gameplay with 3 different races, each with their own arsenal of units, buildings and upgrades. The game takes place in a futuristic setting across 2 different worlds, ranging from a lush alien planet to desolate wastelands and through industrial cities.
SunAge is upon us – the solar system is dying. With Earth teetering on the brink of extinction, human Federals and mutant-gene Raak-Zun are battling for control of its dwindling resources. Then, into this savage conflict step the mysterious Sentinel, exploiting superior technology that opens gateways to an alien and resource-rich planet. An epic clash is set to unfold, and along with it the mystery of a sinister creature that lurks at the very heart of their troubles…
- 3 distinct races – Human, Raak-zun and Sentinel- each with their own units, buildings, technology advantages and disadvantages.
- Alternate modes for all units, dual functionality for greater tactical depth.
- Exploit weaknesses in the enemies network while strengthening your own connection lines
- Formations: Intuitive formation handling and superior overview in battles
- Campaign: 24 map single player campaign with strong storyline.
- Multiplayer: Old skool multiplayer with focus on gathering 4 kinds of resources and outsmarting the opponent in battle.
- Command queuing: Command your units to prone, build or attack where you want them and when you want them to do so.
- Indirect Intelligent Targeting (IIT): order your units to focus on pre-selected targets.
- Windows Me, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
- 1 GHz Intel® Pentium® III or AMD® Athlon™ processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 1 GB free hard disk space
- 64 MB 3D accelerated video card
Release name: SunAge-SKIDROW
Size: 1 CD, 600 MB, sr-sunag